Friday, January 28, 2011

January 2011

Here I am in another new year with my life turned upside down and full of joy at the same time. I have seen and heard about how families of multiple generations are now living in the same household for whatever reasons, kinda like the Waltons. But no matter what the warning signs said I didn't think it was going to happen to us. Somehow I thought fate would make a clever turn and order would prevail. Not the "plan" as we have found out. As of December 27th we have 3 grandangels and their mom living with us. (Our big house got a lot smaller real fast.) We consolidated as much as possible holding yard sales on three separate weekends and finally are seeing less chaos.
Now my days are full of rushed mornings getting one to school, diapers, potty training, naps, snacks, meals, bath time, and bed time. Certainly keeps one busy! In some ways it didn't change much as I have been doing this now since Rylee was born but with 2 little ones it reminds me of my own 30 years ago! I seldom get a second cup of coffee in the morning before it's gone cold and I don't get out of the house much, but I am working on that.
Surrounded by little girls and big girls too, my husband has retreated to working out of town. He tries to be home on the weekends. It makes for quiet evenings, once the girls are all tucked in for the night. I find I am turning in a bit earlier myself which seems to help. Reminds me of our Air Force days when he worked odd shifts and we didn't see one another till the weekends. We're just making a circle in time.
We have been blessed with a mild winter so far which makes it nice in the afternoons for the kids to play in the backyard. They are all growing so big so fast. Two weeks ago, Brandy and I spent some time with all 5 girls in a Gilbert park. It was a good time for them to play in the Winter sun. I am including some of the pictures from the day. Please Enjoy!

































































1 comment:

  1. What a great group of girls. THey are all happy and active...wonderful. It's fun to see how they have grown.

    ReplyDelete