Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Preparations

Well, I didn't quite get a post in every month this year which is what I try to do. So hopefully I will make up for it with a few this month. 

Moe and I had a quick trip to Las Cruces for Thanksgiving and although I took the camera I didn't take many pictures. Here's one of the view from Bryon and Chris' townhome.



Looking west from their backyard.










As you can see we are getting ready for Christmas now... The wreaths are hung, the cards have been sent, the tree is up, most of the gifts are bought and wrapped.  (I am  really on a roll this year.)  I hope to start my annual baking and candy making in the next day or so.  I had to test my yeast and made a batch of sticky buns, Yum!
           
Today I received a gift from my most wonderful friend who is so creative.  Moe and I purchased a new dining table and chairs to accomodate the growing family.  It has four leaves when using all eight chairs.  When my good friend Connie said she would quilt me a table cloth for Christmas I was so excited. She is an artist in fabric and I have so admired her work.  Well, it arrived today and I was in awe.  She knows how much my angels are a part of my life and it brought me to tears.
 


It is so beautiful and I can't thank her enough for all her work.  She is one great lady! Thank you Connie!

No comments:

Post a Comment