Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Week in Sedona

This week we are in Sedona "Red Rock" Country. Moe had a job to do up here. We have a lot of condo time since we were unable to use any last year and because I am not on "Nana Duty" due to Brandy being on maternity leave we arranged for me to spend the week as well. We arrived Saturday traveling in both our vehicles, to cloudy and slightly wet skies. It was lovely!

Sunday Moe and I went exploring and our first stop was breakfast in Cottonwood. A little place called Randal's, that has been there for years and has good home cooking. Next we drove to a couple of the newly established wine tasting rooms in Page Springs. To be honest, we weren't impressed. The vineyards themselves are quite young, only a few years old. There is some good potential, but nothing I would want to purchase at this time.
Driving north again we went out on some of the back roads to view some of the beautiful scenic red rocks. We located two separate vortices or Energy Vortex as they are known up here. We took some time for meditation and rejuvenation. The air is so clean and refreshing! There is such a feeling of renewal here.


Moe next to some of the Honanki ruins.

Some of the Honanki Petroglyphs.

One of my better pictures, love the clouds!

What I call a "postcard" pic.

I believe this is Cathedral Rock.

One of the Vortices.

The last couple of days Moe was working trying to finish today so we can spend a couple more days exploring and relaxing before returning to Mesa on Saturday. I have been cooking our meals in a kitchen that is limited for tools. It's been challenging. Each day I try to get some sun at the pool, some swimming, (working my shoulder) and doing a lot of reading too.
I hope you all enjoy these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment